We do not dilute any of our products with other meat such as pork. When you buy yak burger from Yak'N Radish Ranch, you are getting 100% ground yak. This means our yak burger is 92-97% fat free!
We have two burger options; 1/3 lb or our Yeti Burgers! Choose your option from the dropdown menu and the price will automatically calculate.
- The 1/3 lb burger option consists of four (4) burger patties and has a total weight between 1.25 and 1.4 lbs. Great all around lean and healthy burgers for any cookout!
- The Yeti burger. If you're like a yeti, 1/3 lb burger patties won't cut it when you're traipsing around the Himilayas. Our yeti burgers are nominally 1/2 lb each and come four (4) to a pack. One would think the package should be a total weight of 2lbs but our butcher must not have been able to resist so they average around 1.9 lbs total and are priced accordingly.
1/3 lb instructions (1/2 lb cook a bit longer and watch that internal temp!)
We recommend cooking our patties frozen which works great if you only want to cook one or two at a time because there's no need to thaw the entire package. Due to the lean nature of yak meat, we also recommend cooking the meat to medium rare and have had great results cooking to an internal temperature of ~127F (more on the rare side of medium rare) or 135F (medium rare) and allowing the patties to rest for a few minutes while it finishes.
- If grilling, place frozen patty on the grill on medium heat. For medium-rare, cook on one side roughly 5-7 minutes. Blood/Moisture will begin to come through the top. Flip the patty, season (salt, pepper, etc.), and cook roughly 3-4 minutes on the other side. Check temperature to ensure doneness and enjoy.
- If on griddle, set to ~325F, repeat procedure from above.
- If in a pan, temperature control is more difficult but try to follow the above instructions.
100% Yak Burger Patties
100% Yak, ~1/3 or ~1/2 lb yak burgers. Four (4) patties per pack.
Our products are vacuum sealed, frozen, and packed into an insulated, shippable container with frozen gel packs. We ship on Mondays to ensure the package does not get held inside a warehouse or trailer over the weekend. Packages typically deliver in 2-3 days but click here for a better approximation. Packages typically deliver in 2-3 days. Contact us for the best available shipping rate.